PodCast: The Power of Detox
Thinking of doing an annual cleanse or detox? This podcast will help you decide. Bottom Line president Sarah Hiner talked to Dr. Mark about detoxing, why we do it, and why when we shouldn’t.
A lot of “miracle” detoxification programs and products are promoted on the Internet. Be careful. With skilled oversight, detoxification can work wonders for your physical and mental health. But done wrong, it can be dangerous. Which is which? We asked detox expert Dr. Mark Stengler.
His secret is all about balance. As a naturopathic medical doctor, Dr. Stengler received extensive training in both conventional medicine and natural alternatives.
In this clip, Dr Mark shares just how present toxins are in our environment.
- What does it mean to “detox,” and where do toxins come from? (3:10 – 4:45)
- How does the human body processes toxins? (4:48 – 10:40)
- Warning signs that you need to detox (10:45 – 11:52)
- Building detox into your everyday routines (12:00 – 14:25)
- Are different parts of the country more toxic? (14:25 – 16:22)
- How to get tested for toxins (16:25 – 19:42)
- Dr. Stengler’s three favorite detox methods—Ozone, Infra-Red Sauna, Glutathione (19:45 – 46:21)