He’s a best-selling author, one of the most respected integrative doctors in America, and has been heralded as “America’s Natural Doctor®.”
Patients from around the world travel to Southern California to be treated by Dr. Stengler at his acclaimed Stengler Center for Integrative Medicine, where he specializes in treating complex medical conditions and helping his patients enjoy the robust health they deserve.
His secret is all about balance. As a Naturopathic Medical Doctor, Dr. Stengler received extensive training in both conventional medicine and natural alternatives.
That means his patients benefit from the perfect combination of advanced modern technology and powerful time-tested traditional therapies. Every patient at the Stengler Center for Integrative Medicine receives the very best medical care, and the safest long-term treatments available.
Dr. Stengler is licensed to practice as a Naturopathic Medical Doctor in California and Arizona. But throughout his 24-year career, he has been sharing his gifts with health-conscious Americans everywhere.
He has served as a medical expert on several television shows and has hosted his own popular weekly TV show “Natural Healing with Mark Stengler,” which was seen on PBS and cable stations all across the nation. Dr. Stengler has been involved in two PBS documentaries on natural medicine: and was the host of a PBS educational and fundraising show, “A to Z Guide to Healing Yourself.” He was also the host of the highly successful “Beyond Chemo” documentary series seen by several hundreds of thousands of viewers. As well, Dr. Stengler served on a medical advisory committee for the Yale University Complementary Medicine Outcomes Research Project.
Dr. Stengler lives in San Diego County, California with his wife and children. He finds that sunny San Diego is the perfect location for him to pursue his active lifestyle with his family.
“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”
In addition to his clinical and academic work, Dr. Stengler manages to write House Calls—a five-days-a-week e-letter—and Health Revelations—a monthly newsletter. The two publications reach over 800,000 regular readers combined (www.healthrevelations.com).
Dr. Stengler has authored/co-authored 30 books including several best sellers, The Natural Physician’s Healing Therapies,” “Prescription for Natural Cures,” “Prescription for Drug Alternatives,” and “Outside the Box Cancer Therapies”.
“Education is the most powerful weapon.”
Mark Stengler, N.M.D., completed his premedical studies at Mount Royal University (in Calgary, Alberta, Canada), and the University of Calgary, and graduate-level naturopathic medical school at the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon. Dr. Stengler is currently completing a Master’s program in Biology. He also holds a Master’s degree in Religious Studies.
His naturopathic medical education taught Dr. Stengler the same basic sciences studied by MD candidates, but it also provided him with equally as extensive knowledge of holistic and nontoxic methods. This balanced approach put a strong emphasis on disease prevention and optimizing wellness.
In addition to a standard medical curriculum that included training in diagnosis, lab testing, pharmacology and minor surgery, Dr. Stengler’s well-rounded education also had him complete training in bio-identical hormones, intravenous nutrient therapy, chelation therapy, ozone therapy, clinical nutrition, Chinese medicine, homeopathic medicine, botanical medicine, psychology and counseling to encourage people to make lifestyle changes in support of their personal health.
Degrees and Certifications
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine
- Diplomate of the College of Physicians
- Certification in Restorative Medicine
- Certification Intravenous Nutrient Therapy
- Masters of Religious Studies from Southern California Seminary
- Certification of Homeotherapeutics at the National College of Natural Medicine
- Certificate in Advanced Metabolic Endocrinology from The Metabolic Medical Institute
- Oriental medicine training at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine in Portland
- Licensed to practice as a Naturopathic Medical Doctor in California
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- California Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Member of the American College for Advancement in Medicine
- Member of the American Association of Integrative Medicine
- Association for the Advancement of Restorative Medicine
- Member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)
- Member of the Endocrinology Association of Naturopathic Physicians