When he was a kid if you had asked Dr. Mark LaBeau what he wanted to be when he grew up he’d quickly tell you, “A doctor. “
But as a young man he wasn’t so sure anymore.
You see, it was clear to him that the formula for good health started with two simple ingredients: a balanced diet and regular exercise.
After all, the field of medicine was originally built on these principles.
Yet, strangely, this foundation seemed to have nearly disappeared from modern medicine. And the lifestyle of the average doctor, was enough to make him question why he ever thought he wanted to be one in the first place.
His “career” in medicine may have ended right there if it hadn’t been for one very important person in his life.
His aunt, Franciscan nun Sister Leona, introduced him to the field of Osteopathic Medicine.
You’re NOT your illness – D.O.s treat the WHOLE you
He knew for sure that Osteopathic Medicine was the kind he wanted to practice when he found out that Doctors of Osteopathy (D.O.s) don’t just treat symptoms.
Instead they look for the actual cause of a patient’s problem and begin by treating the underlying issues at the heart of thier illness.
Dr. LaBeau received his Doctor of Osteopathy from Des Moines University. An Internship and Family Medicine training soon followed. He went on to receive board certifications in Family Medicine and Musculoskeletal Medicine.
Dr. Mark LaBeau is an experienced Osteopathic Doctor who has been in practice for 25 years. Dr. LaBeau’s focus continues to be on Integrative Medicine. He’s committed to treating his patients as partners in their own health care as he uses the best proven therapies from conventional, alternative and traditional medicine to keep them well.
So no matter whether it’s a nutritional therapy, acupuncture, homeopathy, a structural approach, a prescription or even a referral to a surgeon, Dr. LaBeau’s integrative approach lets him treat the whole person rather than an illness or disease.
From cutting edge to tried & true traditional, flexibility is key
It’s this same flexibility that’s allowed him to gain expertise in some of the most effective cutting-edge treatments available, long before most doctors have even heard of them.
Treatments such as…
- Natural regenerative injection therapies: Pain and inflammation are wiped out—and degeneration is halted and even reversed—when Dr. LaBeau uses injections of medical grade ozone and nutrients to stimulate tissue healing.
- Craniosacral therapy and osteopathic manipulation: Dr. LaBeau employs both of these groundbreaking techniques to naturally reduce your pain and stiffness by improving nerve, blood and lymphatic flow.
- Chelation therapy: When heavy metal toxicity is identified LaBeau uses chelation to remove the dangerous metals from your body to restore you to good health.
- High dose intravenous vitamin C and nutrient therapy: Dr. LeBeau uses state-of-the-science nutrient therapy—refined and perfected during his 10 years spent as the medical director for an alternative cancer medical center—to support those with cancer through the healing process.
- Digestive Illness such as IBS, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, and Intestinal Permeability
But with his extensive experience in conventional and holistic medicine—including his years spent in an urgent care environment—Dr. LaBeau is also the guy you want in your corner when an acute illness strikes.
His clinical experiences include:
- Medical Director of The Livingston Medical Center in San Diego providing therapy for cancer patients.
- The Back Pain & Sports Medicine Clinic, a private practice in Chicago.
- The Center for Advanced Medicine
- Urgent Care
A life-long learner himself, Dr. LaBeau has a passion for sharing his knowledge. He served as an Affiliated Clinical Instructor of Osteopathic Medicine at Midwestern University.
Currently, along with his private practice at The Stengler Center for Integrative Medicine, he’s continuing to help others to learn as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Osteopathic Medicine at Western University of Health Sciences.
Degrees and Certifications
Board Certified Family Practice
Board Certified Special Proficiency in Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
UCLA Physician Acupuncture Training
American Osteopathic Association
American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
American Academy of Osteopathy
San Diego Osteopathic Medical Association
American Osteopathic Association of Prolotherapy Regenerative Medicine
He and his lovely wife Terri have two sons, Jeffrey and Scott. In fact, he’s the proud father of not one, but two Eagle Scouts. Dr. LaBeau has his own separate practice within the Stengler Center.
RECENT PATIENT TESTIMONY:
Dr. LaBeau and the Stengler Center staff brought me back to life! My health and quality of life had deteriorated so rapidly, with no explanation. Most doctors thought I had an incurable degenerative health disorder. I actually thought I was going to die. Dr. LaBeau and his team listened to my concerns and took my issues very seriously, and with the utmost care and concern. They were able to find the root cause of my health problems, validate with invaluable tests and essential questions, and administer the proper procedures to provide key nutrients to bring back my vitality. But the most valuable aspect was their empathy, kindness and compassion through the whole ordeal, which was a necessary key to healing. I’m happy to report that I’ve had a complete turnaround in my health and I can live my life again, all thanks to the incredible team at the Stengler Center. No words can express how grateful I am to have my health and life back. It was a true Godsend during such dark times. Infinite thanks!